Thursday, September 3, 2009

In Memory of...

This week we suffered a tragic loss in our home. We are in deep mourning of Brody's favorite item. Lightning McQueen.
The reason we lost Lightning is actually quite fantastic. I am happy to announce that Brody is fully potty-trained: day and night! He has only had one accident and that was the second night of potty training. Since it has been about a month now I am pretty confident that we are done with diapers with him!

Continuing with our loss: Brody would carry his little car with him wherever he went. He slept with him, ate with him, and with the newest development; went to the bathroom with him. I tried to tell him NUMEROUS times to leave Lightning on the floor or the counter until he was done going to the bathroom, but he wouldn't listen. A couple of days ago, Brody was finishing up in the bathroom while I was changing Seth's diaper. I heard a simultaneous crash and flush. I immediately knew what had happened, and then the wailing began!

I do admit, I was already chuckling when Brody ran into the family room. "Oh no mom, I dropped lightning when I flushed, and he went down, down. I won't ever get him back. Now he is at the moon. I won't ever get him back." (I am also laughing while I type this because it was so funny!)

So yes, Lightning McQueen is now in the sewer system. I hope he had a nice ride. :)

3 comments:

Jessica Bybee said...

Where did he come up with the moon part? Hiliarous!

Lyenna Kemp said...

See...if kids would just trust that Mom knows what she's talking about most of what they suffer would be completely avoided. That is so funny. And I gotta say, I'm completely jealous that he is potty trained through the night. I wish my kids would be.

Kevin and Jeni said...

We had a moment of silence for Lightning McQueen. Then we laughed!