Sunday, August 23, 2009

T-Ball

If you spend any time with Brody, you will soon find out he is obsessed with sports. He loves every kind. He will pick to watch baseball, golf or basketball on tv over kid shows--not every time, but a lot of the time. What is amazing to me is that when he watches, it is like he is examining what the professionals do, so that he can imitate them. When he putts the golf ball, he will line his club up, back up and do a practice swing, go back to the ball, move his head like he is lining the ball to a hole and then hit the ball. I know he definitely got that from watching tv. When he is pitching, he will nod his head yes, or shake his head no, then do a full wind up and pitch the ball. When he bats, he has to have batting gloves and hits the plate with the bat before each pitch. Needless to say, he LOVED playing t-ball and we enjoyed watching. :) For some reason, I can't find any pictures of Brody up to bat. Either I didn't take any, or I lost them. But I do have some of him out in the field.

This was the day of the clinic and when he found out he was a Texas Ranger. He wants to play t-ball again, and be a Ranger!

Do you love his 'ready position?'

He is only 3 though, so even playing in games he got a little distracted and had to have mom or dad out there to keep him from wrestling with the rest of the kids. :)

Seth got a little bored sometimes, but when Brody was sick of wearing his hat it was Seth's turn! Also, notice the batting gloves on his hands. When Brody was out in the field Seth got to wear the batting gloves.We had a lot of fun supporting Brody while he played this year. We're signing him up for soccer soon, I think he'll enjoy that as well!

3 comments:

Lyenna Kemp said...

Ah T-ball. Yes, as sweet as they are out there, an hour almost seemed too long:) It was mostly watching all the other 15 kids needing to bat, that was so brutal.

Mrs. Wright said...

YAY - pictures! It's been awhile since I've checked your blog. I'm going to do it more now that you post pictures. =0) Glad to see that all is well.

Kevin and Jeni said...

I love Brody's intensity level, Mostly I like how he imitates what he sees! That is hilarious! Baseball is fun but I'm glad we're on a break, I agree with Lyenna, it gets BRUTAL!