Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I did it....Again!

I don't know how I get talked into these things, but I do.  Over the weekend, I did the Top of Utah Half Marathon with Rob, and two of his sisters, Kim and Emily.  All I was hoping for was to do it faster than I did the one in January.  I did it by 12 minutes!  Plus, I waited over 10 minutes to go to the bathroom at mile 9.  I do wish I would have just kept walking to the next aid station, but 2 miles seems like such a long way when you need to use the bathroom!  Anyway, I highly recommend running this race.  I liked it much more than the St. George one.  Maybe I trained better, or knew more what to expect, but training during the summer was better than training in the winter!  In case anyone is wondering.  No, I am not going to run a marathon.  No desire whatsoever!  Click on the link below if you are interested in seeing my finish photo! 
http://www.zazoosh.com/photos/341651685

After the race we saw some friends from law school.  Good seeing you Marty and Mindy!  Too bad we didn't take a picture of all 4 of us!

One more thing I want to brag about!!  This was Rob's first half marathon and he did such a great job.  He came in at 2:02 and felt great!  He is planning on doing another one to see if he can get under 2 hours, and then possibly a full marathon. It was fun for us both to be training this summer.  He was a great support and motivated me quite a bit!  Good job again Rob! 

1 comment:

Mary Kelly said...

Woot! Woot! Good for you! And that is amazing that you were able to shave so much time off your previous race.