Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Cute Conversations with Brody

On our drive to church on Sunday we were talking about the people we would see-Brody loves so many of our friends in the ward. We asked him, "what other friends are we going to see at church today?" His reply with a smile on his face, "Jesus."

Our little Brody is doing really well with the transition of moving to Grandma's house, but I think he is a little bit confused on why we are staying here so long. We have talked to him about saying goodbye to the old house and that we're going to get a new one, but he is constantly surprised at finding items (decorations and even cleaning supplies) that were in our home here. We have a statue of Christ that was on our landing in our old house. I didn't want anything to happen to it so it is in the formal living room here. Brody just discovered it yesterday. Here is the conversation.
Brody: Momma, look! My Jesus is at Grandma's house! (As he goes over and practically gives the statue a hug)
Me: Yes Brody, Jesus is at Grandma's house. Remember, we said goodbye to the old house so we brought Jesus with us. We don't have a house right now.
Brody, with his hands on his cheeks: Oh no!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Aren't little kids wonderful? They say some of the cutest and sometimes most embarassing things. I am glad you guys were able to get everything moved out okay. How exciting that you are going to get the house you wanted. Yeah! Let us know if you need help when you get ready to move again. By the way I tagged you. :)

Mrs. Wright said...

Hey Cuz,...I miss seeing picture updates. Did you camera die on you? How was your V-day? I hope to be able to see on Saturday.