Friday, July 11, 2008

A bit of nothing

In addition to exclamation points (see previous post), I also like oxymoron's- i.e. the title of today's post! Thanks to everyone who has commented so far. I read blogs all the time, but never comment. I now see how fun it is to get comments, so I will try to comment on your blogs...just so you know someone is reading!

I took Seth to his 4 month well baby check-up last week. He is a big boy. He weighed in at 16 lbs 4 oz. We have to be really careful when we change his diaper to make sure we get in between all the rolls. He is a really happy baby. Unfortunately, he is also a really happy baby at 4:00 a.m. while I am trying to sleep and he wants to play. That has been his new thing. I hope it becomes something he 'used to do' very quickly!

Over the 4th of July weekend Rob helped me get the boys on a nap schedule which is really nice. Seth had somewhat decided that he only wanted to take one nap a day. That really wasn't working for me, and he was still cranky a lot of the time. Part of the problem is that I have a hard time staying home during nap time (or any time for that matter). I was always up for going shopping or to lunch (well, especially to lunch!) or just hanging out, but I finally realized that this is not the time in my life when I can do that. I need to have a schedule every day, and do the fun things once in awhile, not the other way around. Sad times, sad times. :)

Rob and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary yesterday. It was all very romantic. He went to work and then a continuing education class. I watched my niece and nephew and then went to Young Women's. He did bring me two dozen roses home though (thank you honey and Costco!) and a piece of cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory. I decided to be adventurous and got "CRAIG'S CRAZY CARROT CAKE CHEESECAKE: Carrot Cake and Cheesecake Swirled Together, Topped with Cream Cheese Icing and Roasted Almonds". It was good, but I've liked other kinds from there better. I felt there wasn't a good ratio of cheesecake to carrot cake, but it was still good and I still ate the WHOLE piece. Rob had the Dulce de Leche kind. It was good as well, but we both liked other kinds better. Even though we didn't get to spend the day together it wsa still a good day. We are planning on going to a nice restaurant next week to celebrate since we had so much going on this week. Anyone want to volunteer to baby-sit?!!

6 comments:

Mary Kelly said...

Hey, I'm glad that you started your blog. It really is fun once you get into it and I agree- comments do bring a sense of satisfaction. Your family is just darling. Please post more pictures of little Seth and Brody. This will be a great way to check in and stay in touch!

Mrs. Wright said...

We'd love to babysit for you if we were there. You'll have to keep us in mind for sure when we return in August. It's always good to keep date nights alive. I'm glad you caught the blog bug - it is exciting to get comments huh?

Cynthia said...

I've already told you what a nap schedule nazi I am. It is essential to my sanity! Glad you had a nice anniversary, low-key though it was. Ours is tomorrow and will probably be the same way!

Holly said...

I'd baby sit for you if we lived closer! Actually that would be great because then you could baby sit for us too, a trade off! AND, I'm still waiting for you to leave me a comment or two on my blog Kourtney! (you have to say your name the way I say your name when you read it!... it's sounds so much better!!!):)

Williams Tale Overture said...

I found you on Arlee's blog. Wow Seth is a big boy! Your boys are so cute!

Utah McMonsters said...

Oh Kourtney... let me let me! I would love to keep your boys while you and Rob go out. I need the practice... not only of having more than one around but also having a little baby boy around. I am still in shock.