Monday, June 30, 2008

We're done? Not exactly!

You may notice after awhile that I like using exclamation points. I think it is one of Rob's pet peeves about me. (I know I can name many others, but those may come out in other posts. I don't want to give out all my secrets at one time!)

Last night once I had set the blog up I had Rob come down and look at it. He was very excited with the title "Family of Four" thinking this meant we were done having children. I told him it could be changed when another child comes along. I guess the title is more like a work in progress!

Last week we went on vacation with Rob's family to Millsite Reservoir in central Utah. We stayed in camp trailers (thanks grandma and grandpa Andreasen) which was really nice for us and the kids. The trip was a lot of fun, but the water was a frigid 59 degrees. I heard once you got up on whatever you were trying to do it wasn't too bad. However, being extremely out of shape like I am (I'd like to blame it on the baby, but I've had ample time to at least start exercising) I was unable to really get out of the water. In my defense I did try to wakeboard first, then slalom ski, after failing miserably with both of those I went to my old standby of two skis. Unfortunately, I was exhausted, sore and cold by that time and couldn't even get up with both skis. That was Tuesday morning....I didn't touch the water again. :) Here are a few pictures of us on vacation.
Rob and Seth taking a nap (see the little rolls on Seth's legs?)
Rob and Brody on the 4 wheeler Brody and Rob fishing: Brody loved 'casting' and making his pole go "Splash!"

Okay, one more picture to go along with this long post. This one is to tell you how awesome my family is. The adjustment to having two children is a little bit (well quite a bit) harder for me than I imagined. I knew it would be hard, but I've really struggled on how to get things in the house done and take care of the boys. Enter Summer and a very large yard with a lot of work needing to be done. It just wasn't getting done, besides Rob mowing the lawn we really didn't have any flowers, there were weeds in our front flower beds, and our garden was a HUGE weed patch. About 3 weeks before we went on vacation my mom spent the day with me and tried to help me pick out flowers to put in my yard. It was so overwhelming to me since I know nothing about gardening and couldn't really picture what it would look like when it was done. I ended up buying 6 geraniums after spending at least one if not two hours at the store with her. Anyway...we planted those with plans to eventually go and get more. When Rob and I drove in from our vacation I noticed something was different. My whole flower bed and walkway was planted (don't ask me with what types of flowers, I don't have a clue). Rob took Brody to check the mail and noticed our green waste garbage can was overflowing. He looked in the garden and not only were all the weeds out of it, but it was planted and had an irrigation system set up in it too. I knew right away that it was my mom who had done it. She's just like that, always serving other people. She didn't do it alone though, Kelcey helped her and made it easy for us to water everything in our garden, just by turning on one faucet. Thank you Kelcey and mom for doing all the work in our garden, we really appreciate it, and a thank you to Lyenna as well for giving up spending a day with Kelcey so he could do that for us.

So this picture:
My mom wanted to get me a zucchini plant for my garden, so she and my dad went to the nursery at 8:00 Saturday morning (as we were still in bed!) and came to our house to plant it. My dad was showing us to take the flowers off once they've bloomed to make the flowers bigger. Brody thought this was great and wanted one behind his ear, and then it just continued from there. Aren't these boys cute?!!

4 comments:

Holly said...

Exclamation points like these: !!!!!!!!!! are my favorite too!!! - and are very over used by me as well!!!!! Pretty flowers gentlemen! :)

Mrs. Wright said...

HA! You make me laugh! I am surprised to see that you put another post up so soon. From the sounds of your last post it seemed like you'd do one once a month. =-) I can't stress enough how excited I am that you have a blog. I talked with Kelsey yesterday. He brought up the idea that maybe he and Lenna would get one going. I have my fingers crossed that they will. It's such a great way to keep in touch with family! How was your 4th?

Alex said...

Welcome to the blogging world! It will be fun to see what's happening in your little family of four. Cute pictures I especially like the flower boys!

Matt W said...

Nice post. I think you can go for 4 more in the title. You have good genes--it's your duty!