Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I DID IT!!!!

This past weekend I went with a group of about 35 ladies down to St. George and ran the Painter's Half Marathon. I can't believe I did something like this. And, what is even more unbelievable, is that I'm already planning on doing another one this year. I wasn't very happy with my time, so I have to do another one! Anyway, we had a fantastic time together, and it was great to accomplish something I had never thought possible--since I HATE running!!  Thanks to all those that encouraged me. If I can do this, anyone can!!

Okay, here are two pictures.  The first is most of the group in the Dixie Convention Center before the race. We did get matching shirts.  The front said, "South Jordan M.O.M.S--Miles of Marvelous Silence"  And the back had a line of stick people running and with arrows saying "She made me do it!" (Which is true, just see my post from Sept 28, 2009)



 
I really shouldn't post this next one, because it was terrible, but I will because you can see that I really was at the end with one of the blanket things.  I had met up with my friends who had finished before me, and we all started crying talking about how we finished.  Yep, cried.  That's what girls do!!



10 comments:

Holly said...

Way to go Kourtney!!! I didn't even know you were a runner. What an accomplishment! I'm afraid my goals aren't as far reaching as yours, I'm planning on running a 5K in July...I'm almost up to running 2 miles a day now! hahaha! Maybe one day we can do a 1/2 marathon together! :) Keep up the good work!

Holly said...

And yes, I want to see pictures so post them soon! :)

P.S. How far do you run a day to be able to run a half marathon???

Kourt said...

Holly- I am not a runner! I updated my post since you commented on it, and I made sure to clarify that! I followed (pretty closely) Hal Higdon's running guide. Just google him, or call me if you have any questions!

Jennifer said...

Great job Kourtney! I have been thinking about you and knew you were running that soon but I couldn't remember the exact date. You did better than me. Remember when we were discussing running the top of Utah well so far all I have made it to was that 5k and the 22 mile bike ride. One day

Jessica Bybee said...

AWESOME!You are so inspiring!

jessi said...

Congrats! What an awesome accomplishment!!! I ran into Amanda Vandyke (I can't remember her married name) the other day, and we were talking about how we should get together! When would you be free?

Valerie said...

That is awesome! So inspirational!

PS
I miss having you as a backdoor neighbor. We should've done more while you were here...

jennschmerer said...

Holy cow Kourtney!!! Somehow in the running post I missed the half marathon thing. I was thinking it was a 5k!!! Congrats girl- you're amazing for doing it and FINISHING! I would have cried too!!!

Kevin and Jeni said...

Great job! I knew you could do it. Isn't it funny how as soon as you get your time the competitor in you wants to try again?! Good luck on the next one :)

Mindy and Marty said...

Hey Kourtney, it's Mindy...
Way to go on the 1/2 ! that is awesome...I don't know if I'll ever do that again but don't ya feel accomplished after!? I got your blog from Linae. For some reason I had her email address but not yours and I sent out a little notice about our 3rd kid being born. If you want to see him - our blog is mindymarty.blogspot.com Your kids are so cute! Fun to have two boys!
Hope all is well in the Andreasen household...! Mindy