One night shortly after Seth was born, I was at my friend's house. She mentioned to me that one of Seth's eyes had a dark spot in it. I hadn't noticed it before, at least if I had noticed it, I didn't think it was anything to worry about. At one of Seth's well child check-ups I mentioned it to the pediatrician and she sent us to see a pediatric ophthalmologist.
The doctor at Primary Children's Hospital checked Seth's eyes, and said that it looked like the problem was only with the iris, but he does have a Coloboma. (If you don't want to look at the link, coloboma is where part of the eye didn't form properly.) The doctor thought it would be prudent of him to further exam Seth under anesthesia to make sure that his initial diagnosis was correct.
So, this Wednesday we will be taking Seth to Primary Children's to have the surgery done. I'll update as soon as we know more, but I'm hoping there won't be any more problems.
6 comments:
Kourtney that is so sad! I hope all goes well on Wednesday. Let us know if you need anything.
(((hugs))) That is so scary to have little ones put under anesthesia! I'm be sending positive thoughts your way! Let us know how it goes!
Good Luck! That is scary but I am sure everything will be fine! Let us know how everything goes.
I am sorry to hear about Seth's eye. I hope everything goes well on Wednesday.
I hope everything went well. Poor little guy give him a hug from Zeke and I.
Yikes!! I hope everything goes okay.
Post a Comment