Saturday, November 1, 2008

My Halloween Post

Growing up, each year my family would go to my Aunt Chris's house/neighborhood for dinner and trick or treating since we lived on a busy street. We would have dinner in a pumpkin (I'm sure other foods too, but that is the main thing I remember) and then my cousin and I would go trick or treating throughout the entire neighborhood. I remember feeling like we were gone for hours, and maybe we were, but we would go until we were too tired to go any further. Lucky for us, my aunt has continued to invite us over to her house and continue the tradition of getting together. Last night at her house we had Gumbo that my brother made (it was delicious), Chili, Bratwursts, hot dogs, breadsticks and other snack foods. Everything was so good.

I took Brody out with his cousins while Seth stayed at the house with Rob. Brody was really good, but did want me to hold him while we walked. Needless to say I did get a workout. Brody wouldn't say 'trick or treat' but he did say thank you to everyone that gave him treats.

Earlier in the day we went to see Rob's grandpa at the retirement center. All of the residents were in the main room and they had 10 stations set up for the kids to walk around and get their candy. Here are Brody, Seth and Grandpa Baumgartner.

4 comments:

Valerie said...

That is totally fine to add me to the bloglist!! I'll do the same!

So glad you found me!

Holly said...

Kourtney, your boys look so cute in their costumes! Sounds like a fun tradition on Halloween, can I come???

jessi said...

How cute!

Rosie Moncrief said...

Love it! They are super cute!